Today, at times when you book your train ticket online either you don’t get your expected train or the berths aren’t available according to your needs and requirements. Especially on Delhi to Howrah and Delhi to Mumbai routes, it is quite difficult to find the berth of your choice.
Due to this scenario, many passengers who book their ticket online have to reserve their seat on the waiting list. This means they aren’t allowed to travel until their seat gets confirmed. This has really impacted the faith of passengers in the Indian Railways. To encourage more passengers and give better facilities to the passengers, Indian Railways have come up with an idea of providing more trains on the routes that are heavily loaded.
It is expected that by the year 2021, passengers booking their ticket online will get confirmed seat in the train of their choice.
According to our Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu, better facilities can be given by the passengers only in two cases:
- If the passage of the goods trains carrying the load and other goods is shifted to the freight corridors that are dedicated to the specific route, then this berth booking pressure can be reduced.
- Infrastructure should be improved on the busy routes so that train can move at a faster rate.
1. If the passage of the goods trains carrying a load and other goods is shifted to the freight corridors that are dedicated to the specific route, then this berth booking pressure can be reduced.
- Indian Railways is working on the first case with utmost zest.
- Shri Suresh Prabhu recently went to CII, an Industrial body that organized an event and invited our Railway Minister to be a part of it. He explained the first case and further said that this shift of goods train to freight corridors would free the passage and help in improvement of the passenger train speed as well.
- Indian Railways is actively working to make this happen. It is expected that by the end of the year 2019, we will have dedicated freight corridors in the eastern and western side. The overall length of these passages would be 3,228 km long.
2. Infrastructure should be improved on the busy routes so that train can move at a faster rate.
- Now the second case is also in progress. Indian Railways have started improving the infrastructure off Delhi to Howrah and Delhi to Mumbai train trains so that their speed can be increased to over 200km/hr. Shocked, but this is quite a good speed to take passengers from source to destination within some time only.
- According to our Railway Minister, they have set a target of investing Rs.20,000 crore in these two cases in the years to come.
- Seeing the past track record of Indian Railways, they have introduced 16,500 km long train in the railways in order to expand its services, or we call it network in other parts of the country. This move by Indian Railways will make ticket booking system easy.