Indian railways turnaround its image post the introduction of the internet to India. Gone are the days when one had to stand in queues for a reservation ticket. Now anyone can book a railway ticket over the internet with 5 minutes. Many users have IRCTC account through which they book the ticket. Not only booking tickets but one can also check IRCTC PNR status online.
IRCTCpnrstatus gives a clear picture on the status of the booking. One can book an entire tour package to specific destinations through IRCTC. Booking meals are also now possible. So there are lots of advantages of having an IRCTC account.
Today one can enjoy, superior user experience on IRCTC website and book tickets quickly. But one has to be careful with following rules and regulations of IRCTC, which if not followed can result in deactivation of the account:
- Putting wrong or misleading information about yourself. IRCTC does not entertain fake information put up on the site. The officials of IRCTC verify the information provided and if it is found misleading then the account gets deactivated. IRCTC can at its sole discretion, without giving any prior intimation can suspend the account.
- IRCTC also deactivates the account in case of any suspect action like booking too many tickets on the same day in different trains or booking tickets in different trains for the same person.
So what is the solution for this problem? What can be done to activate the suspended account?
Below mentioned are some solutions:
- Creating a new profile and abandoning the profile which has got deactivated because the chances of getting the same account activated back are negligible.
- If you do not want to create a new account then the best solution is to drop a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on IRCTC customer care number. Chances are that you may get an option to reset the password.
- Many people post their complaints regarding their account getting deactivated. No idea how much that might be of help.
If one follows the basic rule and regulations and uses the account for rightful purpose then there are slim chances of the account getting deactivated. So the best method is to boo tickets to a limited extent. One should keep in mind that there are millions of other people who are also booking tickets at the same time. So booking more tickets for oneself is ethically wrong as the chances for others become slim.
Secondly, there are many hassles to get back the deactivated account. One loses on important data on booked ticket history, loses on important information/schemes related information which gets delivered to your personal inbox from time to time.
One important thing which has to be kept in mind while creating a new account is that it should not be with the same email id. IRCTC does not allow multiple logins from the same account. So this again sends out wrongs signals to the government authority.