Indian Railways is planning to launch a new train for the pilgrims who want to travel in the North-Eastern region. This first pilgrim train would come into effect from next month and give passengers a chance to travel to places like Jagannath Temple and Konark temples.
Name of The Train
“Aastha Circuit Tourist Train” will take passengers across North-Eastern religious places. This train would provide the complete package of 6N/7D, six nights and seven days for just a small amount of money of Rs. 6,161.00.
As per recent plans, this train will be launched on the auspicious day of 17th February from Guwahati and would enclose different sites of West Bengal and Odisha.
Sites Included By This Train:
- Birla Temple in West Bengal,
- Gangasagar in West Bengal,
- Kalighat in West Bengal,
- Konark Temple in Odisha,
- Lingaraj Temple in Odisha,
- Sri Jagannath Temple in Odisha,
- Sri Swamy Narayan Temple in West Bengal.
6 days and 7 Nights Package Include:
- Accommodation in dormitories or dharamshalas.
- All meals
- Non-ac tourist buses for local sightseeing,
- Sleeper class Package,
This first-ever pilgrim train will hire security guards for every coach, train superintendent, and an on-board public addressing system that would make announcements from time to time.
In an official press statement, it was confirmed that this plan would get full support from central government and promote cultural heritage sites of the north eastern region.
This plan would extend support to pro-active Act East Policy by our PM who wants to remove ne Isolation from this policy.
This pilgrim train is a part of pilgrim tourist scheme launched by Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited, IRCTC that connects different pilgrims’ destinations under a single roof.
This is the first train ever launched by the Indian Railways that has been dedicated specially for the religious people.
After seeing the successful response from this Aastha Circuit Train, another train route connecting other areas would be connected to expand the religious base in other cities as well.
Highlights Of This Train:
- Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation, IRCTC will soon come up with ‘Aastha Circuit Tourist Train’ that would start from Guwahati.
- This train would help pilgrims to visit pilgrimage sites across the North-eastern part of India at the most affordable rates.
- This first-ever pilgrims train would hopefully be a successful one.
- Train driven by unique concept that would bring together people showing similar interests.
Estimated Fare Of This Train
- This is a 6 Days and 7 Nights package and costs approx. Rs 850/person/day.
- Total cost of entire trip is Rs 6,161.00
Different boarding stations give people options to board the train from varied locations like
- Alipur Duar,
- New Cooch Behar,
- New Farakka,
- New Jalpaiguri,
If you are residing at these locations, then you can board the train from these stations easily. If you want to book your train tickets, you can book online through IRCTC site www.irctctourism.com.