Tracking train information on mobile is not a new thing. Now IRCTC users’ can keep a track of the upcoming train and know expected platform number as well.
This means, you no longer have to bear the unnecessary hassle. Just reach Indian Railway station on time and enter train details on you mobile to get information about the train arrival, departure, platform number etc. Accessing all of these services on mobile has made e-booking an easier task.
Do you know CRIS, Centre for Railway Information Systems has recently launched a mobile application that would allow passengers to enquire about a various thing, we just discussed above? CRIS information system has improved the train tracking system by developing mobile app compatible with both the mobile and desktop-based apps operating on Windows 8 OS, supporting Microsoft devices.
NTES, National Train Enquiry System is an intelligent back-end support system driving Indian Railways and helping people to get information about the upcoming train schedules in a real-time basis using some of the popular interfaces like 139, Nationwide accepted unique rail enquiry number, trainenquiry.com, mobile-friendly usage, touch screens, segregated enquiry counters and display counters to showcase current train stations.
One of the biggest hassles that most of the passengers face on train stations is that they don’t know on which platform train will come. This information is readily available only on the Indian Railway stations and that too, just a few hours or minutes ago.
The Solution To This Problem, Suggested By The Indian Railways:
Officials declare the expected platform number on which train will arrive.
- Please note that we are saying expected and not confirmed platform number. This is an ad-hoc basis information and can change even at the last minute depending on the speed of the train.
- This NTES interfacing with mobile-friendly version was launched in September 2013 and has greatly helped people to use its services without any delays.
- There are a lot of features that come integrated with the IRCTC train bookings like ‘spot your train’. This feature allows users to get information about the current position of the train, expected arrival time, departure time of any particular train and at any particular station.
- Then is a ‘Train Schedule’ feature that gives information about the upcoming train schedule. Like arrival/departure time, and much more.
- Never to forget is another feature called “Trains between Stations” stations that allow users to keep a track of the trains that are running between the two stations of the railway network.
How To Know Platform Number Of The Train On Your Mobile
Using IRCTC website, you can easily get to know the Platform Number of the Station on which your Train will arrive.
You just need to follow these simple steps:
- Go to the IRCTC website and click on ‘Train Platform Enquiry’ option given at the top-left corner of the website page.
- Then a box asking the Train Number and the Railway Station will appear in front of your mobile screen.
- Enter these details and Click the option “Submit”.
These simple steps, if done carefully, if give you an expected platform idea of the upcoming train.