Are you searching for the process to make Indian Railways Train reservations? If yes, your search is over now. We have done the research work for you and come up with the detailed process of booking a train.
Do you know, Indian Railways reservations are required for all class of seat except for the general one?
Well, Reservation can be done online or from the booking counter of the Indian Railways or the last but not the least through any travel agent.
- Online Train reservations are done via IRCTC website.
- There are other online travel booking sites like Makemytrip.com, Cleartrip.com, and many more that helps passengers to book the train ticket. These sites are easy to use and charge only a considerable service fee to book the ticket.
Let us now see the facilities offered by the Indian Railways:
Online Ticket Reservation
The first and the most important step is find the availability of your Train
- Log on to the IRCTC site and check if the train is available or not. This can be done by clicking in the availability of the Train Berth located at the “Services” section of the site. You can also check the Indian Railways Train availability through the timetable but you will have to do a lot of research on this.
- Just enter the approval and departure date of your journey along with the date and seat class by which you want to travel.
- If there is no direct train running between the arrival and departure stations mentioned by you then you will get an error message. Otherwise, the availability of the train will be displayed on the screen. You can check the total fare and the route without any hassle.
- If no seat is available, you will see RAC, Reservation Against Cancellation. In this case, you may get a seat if some passenger cancels his or her seat. If the train is fully booked then your seat will be given under the Waitlist. In that case, you won’t get a chance to board the train until or unless any ticket is cancelled.
- Once you get the train availability, do not forget to note the train number and the name.
For Online Reservations
- Log on to IRCTC website and get registered.
- Click on Quick Book and go to Plan My Journey.
- Enter your train number, station arrival and departure details, Travel date, your reservation quota, and Train seat class preferred.
- Go to electronic ticket and Submit the form.
- After submission, click on the Payment Option to make payment.
- Digital cards are also accepted so you can make payment and get the print-out of the payment confirmation receipt.
- Carry this print-out on your journey and show it to the ticket collection.
Ticket Reservation At The Counter
You will get a ticket reservation form, fill it and submit it to the reservation office counter to get the ticket.
To book a Train ticket online or offline, you need to have a train name, number, travel date, arrival and departure plan, plus the sufficient balance inn your card to make payment.