IRCTC is one of the easiest and the fastest online services launched by the Indian Railways in order to give very comfort to the passengers.
If you have traveled via Indian Railways then you must be aware about how crowdy the railways are and the hassle that the passengers have to bear to book the ticket at the ticket-booking counter. The crowd is at its peak on weekends.
Most of the people are free on weekends and prefer visiting the ticket booking counter these days. One of the major reasons for this is that, on occasions, most of the people like to go their hometown. For this, they visit ticket counter. Now the IRCTC has cleared the rush from most of the ticket counter and introduced online booking facility for the passengers.
IRCTC is a train ticket booking site where a person can book the ticket, get information about the availability of the train, train running or departure status can be checked plus many more services.
If you are planning to book your train traveling ticket next time via IRCTC site then we would like to mention some of the common mistakes that most of the people often make and end up complaining the site for the bad services. Here we go.
- While booking Tatkal ticket via booking window, do not forget to book the ticket only when the Internet speed is fast. If your Internet speed is lesser than 512kbps then do not waste your time because booking your ticket via booking window is for a limited time only. If your speed is less than the time limit would expire.
- Concentration is the key. When you are booking your ticket via IRCTC website, concentration is very important. During the festive season, most of the people prefer traveling via Indian Railways so the site gets flooded with the online ticket booking passengers.
- If you enter the ticket booking process once there is no going-back path so plan your travel in advance and book your ticket accordingly.
- Wait for the site page to load. Do not refresh or go back to the previous page. This would take you the home page and you would end up irritating yourself unnecessarily.
- Before booking your ticket and making payment, plan your trip and schedule your leaves if you are a working person. Make sure you take the leave from the office before booking.
- You should gather all information beforehand like your name, age, payment card details travel details, arrival and departure details, etc.
- Do not log on to this site in multiple browsers. This may waste your time in getting logging errors.
- The websites’ page automatically logs off after every 2 minutes so never leave your page idle.
Above are some of the common mistakes that most of the people make. Hopefully, you will go through this content and try to avoid repeating these mistakes in order to experience a smooth, train ticket booking experience via IRCTC site.