Railways in India have started to operate in an organized manner. Many developments have happened in this public sector unit which has led to simplify the process of booking/canceling ticket.
Not only that, people are now able to order their desired food in hassle free manner. Millions of Indians use the facilities provided by railways because it is more convenient and better option. People book tickets through IRCTC website and carry the Mticket (Mobile ticket) which also has the PNR status.
The PNR status tells about the confirmation status of the ticket booked because nobody would like to discover that their seat is not confirmed at the last moment. Especially when you are travelling long distance. But when exactly is it necessary to Check PNR Status of a ticket:
- If you have booked a ticket online and it is confirmed then you have just got lucky. But sometimes it happens that your ticket is on waiting list. The status of your seat changes every minute till the last date of the journey. If your number is very far then there are little chances that you will get a confirmed seat. So it is necessary to check the PNR status on the last date to know whether you have a confirmed seat.
- Another scenario is when your status is ‘RAC’ i.e. Reservation against Cancellation. You can travel with a co-passenger through RAC ticket. Most of the times there are tickets get confirmed without much trouble. But it all depends on the route and time of booking the ticket. During festive seasons it is difficult to get confirmed tickets and also the tickets should be booked well in advance. Checking PNR status prior to travelling can reduce some of the stress in the last minute.
- Sometimes you also have pleasant surprise when you get to see that your ticket has got upgraded. At the time of booking, the PNR status may show your name in waiting list or in RAC but just before travelling due to cancellation of ticket by other passengers your seat may get confirmed.
- Some people are not aware about the Mticket in which you get the PNR status of the booking on mobile. They rely on the board kept on the railway station wherein the names of the passengers who will be boarding the train. Sometimes one cannot see the name on it. So it is always better to rely on technology and take the help of mobile phones to check the status of the tickets.
- Checking PNR status through mobile phone can be very handy when you are in a hurry because during this time, you may not be able to find the right coach or the right berth. Sometimes you may not reach the station in proper time and so everything should be well planned. Not knowing the PNR status and then boarding the train can just dampen your overall journey. Knowing the PNR status also helps in minimizing the confusion when there is a dispute between two parties regarding confirmed seat.