Our Honorable Railway Minister, Shri Suresh Prabhu recently started a by—pass line that would connect the main line and the chord line at Ponmalai. This all-new by-pass line is as long as 2.13kms and connects these links to the nation. The line was dedicated at Tiruchirappalli in the month of March 2017.
The major advantages of this line are:
- It would save time and allow Engines to turn around at the Ponmalai junction.
- Freight trains would be bypassed through this route.
Not only this, our Railway Minister further announced the extension of train numbers 22627 and 22628 to improve connectivity between the two stations of Tamil Nadu and Kerala state. The train Tiruchchirappalli to Tirunelveli Intercity Express would further be extended to Thiruvananthapuram.
This project was due from quite a long time, and residents of Tirunelveli and Thiruvananthapuram were demanding this service so as to improve the rail links between two states.
Although the decision was announced by our Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu, it was solely made under the presence of our other esteemed ministers and governing authorities:
- Shri Pon Radhakrishnan, Union Minister of State (Road Transport & Highways and Shipping) ,
- Shri Vellamandi N.Natarajan, Minister for Tourism as per Govt. of Tamil Nadu,
- Smt S.Valarmathi, Minister for BC and Minor Welfare as per Govt. of Tamil Nadu and
- Shri Tiruchi Siva, Minister of Parliament.
All of these honorable Ministers were welcomed by Shri Vashishta Johri, GM of Southern Railways’.
Other noticeable highlights of this inauguration include:
- Shri A.K.Agarwal, Divisional Railway Manager at Trichy Division gave the vote of thanks.
- In the speech by our M.P, Shri Trichy Siva, he requested Railways to stop Trivandrum Intercity Express that was recently extended to Manaparai. Instead of this service, he proposed to introduce a day and night train that would start from Trichy and reach Bangalore.
- Smt S.Valarmathi thanked Indian Railways for their unconditional support and said that they expect to get such a kind of support in the years to come.
- Shri Vellamandi N.Natarajan praised our Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi for heart-winning performance in states like UP and Jharkhand.
Shri Suresh Prabhu supports Modi Ji for transforming India regarding infrastructure development, and Indian Railways is a solid part of it.
The overall estimate of Rs.8,50,000 crores has been planned for the next five years. Shri Suresh Prabhu is a firm believer in the fact that with the developing nation, many states and the Indian Railways would be benefitted too.
Some Budget Highlights:
- In the recent railway budget, Rs.2287 crores has been allotted for the development of Indian Railways in Tamil Nadu state. Surprisingly, the average expenditure of Indian Railways expenditure in the past years is just 870 crores.
- Rs.38 crores rupees was allotted for works that in the context of providing Amenities to the passengers.
- Other development areas like doubling, electrification, trembling, etc. need to be focused too.
Our Railway Minister was really happy after meeting Trichy’s people as this meeting helped him to know more about people and culture of that area.