Indian Railways have always been in news for one or the other reasons. Sometimes good, sometimes bad but this Indian Railways platform has always given a comfortable and satisfying journey experience to the passengers.
This time, we have come up with news from Indian Railways that tells us that Indian Railways will soon cut the running time of almost 500 trains that are travelling on longer distance. It is expected that the total duration of the train traveling time for these trains would be reduced by over 2 hours. As per news received from a senior Indian Railway official.
These trains will run on new timings and these timings are expected to revise from November.
According to the Indian Railway Minster, Shri Piyush Goyal, new time table that will be implemented from the November month would have train timings reduced from 15 minutes to up 2 hours. This is more of an innovative timetable that will reduced the time and energy spent by passengers while traveling through Indian Railways.
In this new time table, trains will be given 2-4 hours for maintaining the train services. This can be done in two ways:
The first one is to use the waiting time of the train. When a train is waiting at some junction, its time can be used for maintenance work. This way existing rolling stock of the train would be maximized.
When this new timetable will come into effect,
- Almost 50 such a kind of trains will run in the similar fashion.
- 51 train’s timings would be reduced from 1-3 hours immediately.
- This 51-trains count will then increase to 500 over a period of time.
Indian Railways have already started the Internal auditing work. After the auditory tasks, 50 express and mail trains would be converted to super-fast trains. This is one of the parts of projects of Indian Railways those targets to increase the average speed of almost 500 trains that are running on the track.
Expected changes in the trains like
- Bhopal-Jodhpur Express that will reach its last station 95 minutes before its actual arrival time.
- Guwahati-Indore train taking journey of 2,330-km will reach its last junction 115 minutes before its actual arrival time.
- Ghazipur-Bandra Terminus Express, 1929kms journey of train will reach its last destination 95minutes before its actual arrival time.
- According to the latest reports, National transporter has decreased the train halt time at stations.
- Train will stop less and try to keep moving at stations with fewer footfalls.
- The significant work will commence to improve the track and infrastructure of the train.
- An Automatic signaling system will be set up.
- All New Linke-Hofmann-Busch coach will upgrade the speed to almost 130 km/h.
- Further plans are being made to review the permanent speed limit of the train.
Above are some of the major highlights of Indian Railways. Hopefully, all of these expected parameters set by Indian Railways are met before November so that we, passengers can get a chance to travel faster and safer on the track of Indian Railways.