Want to know about climate change!!! If yes, we are here with great news for you.
Science Express train is here to give you information about the climate change. This train started off recently that would cover over 68 different stations to impart education to children and students across stations. The train would cover two of the popular North-eastern railway stations of Agartala and Lumding.
The name given to this education train is “Science Express Climate Action Special’, SECAS. The ministers from different departments of Railways, Science & Technology expressed their interest in this train and made efforts to mark success of this train.
The number of coaches, this train would contain are 16. For the first time in the history of Indian Railways, this train would cover Tripura and travel to the northern bank of the Brahmaputra River as well.
Highlighted Features of This Science Express Climate Action Special Train:
- As already said this train gives information about climate change, around eight coaches of this train, are specifically assigned to giving information, studies different caste, and providing materials in context to climate change.
- Multitude of Exhibits by Dep’t. of Science & Technology and Dep’t. of Biotech would surely drive you crazy in the rest of the eight coaches.
- Indian Railways have started giving priority to clean India, so three coaches are retrofitted with solar panels to save energy and reduce pollution.
- Environment Ministry has also showcased science, adaptive activities, and mitigating solutions that impart knowledge to students and the people in masses as well.
- The best part of this train is that it would stop at every station and allow students and visitors to exhibit coaches and get information for which this train.
- In all, this train would cover 68 different stations.
- Expected date of completion of the journey of this train is September 8 where it would reach Gandhinagar.
- Is it for kids? Well, a special kids’ zone for children up to Class 4 comes power packed with features that are full of fun, games, and intuitive puzzles to impart education in various fields like science, math, and environment.
Moving on to the 9th phase of this Science train that was flagged off from Delhi’s Safdarjung station by five of our honorable ministers including
- Shri Anil Madhav Dave, Minister of State of Environment, Forest & Climate Change,
- Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Ministers of Science &Technology,
- Shri Y.S Choudhary and, Minister of State, and
- Shri Suresh Prabhu, Ministers of Railways
After this event, the train would be open so that public can view exhibitions and knowledgeable activities that are fun-filled with entertainment and many other amazing scenes to educate people about climate change.
Main Motive Of This Train
The main motive of this educational train is to focus on the thing that can be done at your school, things that can be done on roads, things that can be done at your home, and office area in order to under the lifestyle and different choices of people living here.